Grab This

Wednesday 31 December 2014

Ibrahimovic: I'm not leaving PSG for Roma

Ibrahimovic: I'm not leaving PSG for Roma
A Swedish journalist had stated that the national team captain was keen on a return to Serie A but the 33-year-old attacker says he is going nowhere

Paris Saint-Germain striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic has rubbished a report that he is considering joining Roma.
Swedish journalist Jennifer Wegerup claimed that the former Juventus, Inter and AC Milan forward was keen on a return to Serie A and was weighing up a move to the Stadio Olimpico.
However, Ibrahimovic has unequivocally denied that he has any intention of leaving the Parc des Princes, or linking up with the Giallorossi.
"I will not return to Serie A," the 33-year-old stated. "Someone has spoken about it, someone else has even announced it, but there's no truth in it.
"I'm fine in Paris and I still have a year left on my PSG contract.
"Then, we'll see what happens. But I repeat: I'm happy in Paris. Someone else has invented this story."
Ibrahimovic has previously suggested that he could retire when his current deal with PSG expires in 2016 but the ex-Barcelona attacker says he will only call it a day when he feels he can no longer hack it at the top level.
"I hope that the Zlatan of today is still the best Zlatan because I'm trying to improve myself every season," he added.
"As long as I can still progress, I want to play. But the day that no longer happens, then I'll quit."

Ibrahimovic won a total of six Serie A titles during his time in Italy, though the two he won with Juve were revoked because of the club's involvement in the 'Calciopoli' scandal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment