Grab This

Wednesday 31 December 2014

Nigerians To Value My Achievements When I Leave – Jonathan

jonathan
President Goodluck Jonathan believes that Nigerians will truly realize all the good he did for Nigeria only when he leaves the office.
Speaking December 30 when paid a Christmas visit by a delegation from Bayelsa State, Jonathan also promised to try hard to meet the expectations of Nigerians in general and Bayelsans in particular.
According to Vanguard, the country’s leader stressed that it is only up to people to decide who will emerge winner in the 2015 presidential elections.
“The new year is full of challenges. Everywhere will be hot from the 2nd of January. I am here by the grace of God and the will of Nigerians. If I don’t do well the shame will be on you. I will do my best. I don’t expect praises now.
“It’s when you leave that people will begin to compare you with others. I will do my best to address all the challenges we are having. I will do my best so that when I leave the people will compare what I have done and what others before me have done. The seat belongs to the country and it is only the country that can decide who occupies it.”
Meanwhile the state’s governor Seriake Dickson said his delegation came to show solidarity with Jonathan and express appreciation to those supporting the President.
“We are here to show solidarity and to let everybody know that your people in Bayelsa are with you. It is in the spirit of Christmas that we are here on behalf of the people of Bayelsa to wish you, your government and family compliments of the season and a very happy, prosperous and victorious 2015.
“We bring you prayers and strong message of solidarity. We are here to thank Nigerians for their support for your government.”
It is expected that GEJ’s major opponent in the next year’s poll will be former military Head of State, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, the All Progressives Congress (APC) candidate. Forty five days are left before the country decides on its next President.

0 comments:

Post a Comment