Grab This

Wednesday 15 July 2015

Sterling: City are world class

Sterling: City are world class

New Manchester City signing Raheem Sterling said he is delighted to be joining a club he expects to be challenging for major honours every season.
Raheem Sterling arrives after signing for Manchester City (Pic courtesy of City TV)
However, the 20-year-old winger also thanked former club Liverpool for giving him the chance to develop his experience and skills in the Premier League.
After moving to the Etihad Stadium in a record £49m deal " the highest fee for any English player " Sterling told the club's official website: "The world class players are here and a squad capable of winning things year in, year out.
"The more quality players that are around you, the more quality it brings out in you so I can't wait to get started and play alongside them."
But looking back on his five years at Anfield, he added: "It has been a long journey from QPR and I'd like to thank a few people who have helped me along the way.
"I'd like to thank Rafa Benitez for taking me to Liverpool as a 15 year old " that was a massive step for me and a new challenge.
"Also to Kenny Dalglish for showing such faith in me and putting me in at such a young age.
"Finally, I'd like to thank Brendan Rodgers for giving me a chance and an opportunity in the first team, giving me my full debut " against City, funnily enough " and giving me a real chance to cement a place in the first team and show the world my talents."
As for finally putting pen to paper at the end of transfer saga that created plenty of animosity along the way, Sterling went on: "It's a good feeling and a really happy time for me and my family.
"I'm just glad it's all over and done with and I can't wait to get on the training field."
And what about being the most expensive English footballer in history: "You don't think about things like that when you're that age but things have come really fast in the last couple of years.
"I've just had to learn to take it all in my stride but I never imagined I'd be at this point at the age I am now and breaking a British transfer record fee."
Sterling joins City on a five-year contract.

0 comments:

Post a Comment